Have you ever dreamt of finding a crisp hundred dollar bill on your way to work? We bet the scenario left you pondering over the meaning of a dream about money!
However, does that mean you will stumble upon wealth soon? Quite possible, but they are associated with things substantially more priceless than money! So, deep dive into the article and explore their significance.
What Does It Mean When You Dream about Money?
Money in dreams is associated with finance and assets in real life but not limited to. More frequently, it stands for the abstract and the intangible such as losing or gaining power, self-worth, confidence, and luck, according to the context.
Money in dreams may also stand for riches and prosperity in abstract ideas such as love, self-confidence, wisdom, and spirituality.
However, below are a few symbols that a dream related to money often represents.
- Success and Abundance – Often, these dreams are associated with success and abundance. It may be related to material wealth, health, love, relationships, confidence, or anything else, for that matter.
- Power – Money in dreams also stands for power. Depending on the dream plot, money dreams may symbolize the power to achieve anything or feelings of powerlessness.
- Self- Worth – Money often represents self-worth and evaluation in a dream. According to the context, it could mean you are at some of your lowest points or vice-versa. While heaps of money may stand for an abundance of self-worth, lack of money could mean you attached little value to yourself.
- Confidence – If you see yourself coming across lots of money in a dream plot, it may mean you feel confident of your capabilities to succeed in real life. Likewise, dreaming of having little or no money at all stands for your lack of confidence in yourself, your success, and your stability.
- Debts – Sometimes, such dreams may symbolize the debts you have in reality. For instance, money notes or paper money is a reminder of the bills you need to pay off soon.
- Difficulties – Negatively dreams about money also represent obstacles, financial crises, and insecurities. Such interpretations are often associated with scenarios wherein you see yourself not having enough money to get something.
- Future – Do you often make future claims and plans? And work like crazy to make it happen? If so, give yourself a break. Probably, you are too focused on the future that you have even forgotten to live in the present.
Spiritual Meaning of Dream of Money
Centuries back, it was believed that metals were given as gifts to humankind by Gods. When the metals were minted into coins, people believed the luck got transferred from the coins to the person who owns them.
Accordingly, money in dreams symbolizes abstract gains such as luck or unforeseen generosity from a person.
Various Scenario Related to Money Dreams
Receiving money in a dream
It could signify receiving love and support from your people in real life. Besides, it is also symbolic of your thriving business and love relationships.
According to your dreamscape, all’s well between you and your partner. And you seem to be having the best time of your life with regards to love.
If you wish to receive money or inheritance from someone in waking life, the dream could even be a manifestation of your wishes.
Besides, it can also be related to having a child. Or it may sometimes be a reflection of your personality. In that case, the plot means you are generous and help those in need.
It could also mean you are open to receiving the universe’s gift to you- love, abundance, and knowledge.
However, in your waking life, if you detest getting presents and compliments from others, the dream encourages you to do so because you deserve them.
It has multiple interpretations, you need to be extra cautious and look at it from different perspectives.
Generally, it stands for a sense of loss, depletion, and hopelessness. Perhaps you have been overexerting yourself and feel drained and low-spirited.
In some cases, it symbolizes losing a person in real life. Besides, it also stands for an imbalance. Perhaps there is a lack of balance in your personal or professional lives.
Sometimes, it could also stand for your fear regarding the future. You might have invested a hefty sum in a venture only to realize that it’s a fraud.
Most importantly, if you lose money and find it later, it symbolizes hope. If you are not doing well presently, you may trust your dream for a miracle to happen!
It means you are overexerting yourself- either to achieve your goals or to assist others who need your help. You are probably drained out and therefore feel the need to borrow from others to keep going.
On the other hand, it could mean people expect a lot from you. In fact, a lot more than you can deliver or do for them.
And your inability to comply with their expectations may have left you feeling low and incompetent.
Dream of winning money
Wins ahead! But it possibly will be much different from what you were anticipating. Usually, dreaming about winning money has little to do with monetary gains.
Instead, it symbolizes wishes coming true in other aspects of life.
Lending someone money
It may mean tending to someone who needs you and your help by giving them your energy and time.
You also need to note how you felt during the dream. If you were comfortable lending the money, it signifies abundance, and you are okay supporting others.
However, if you reluctantly lend the money, it means you are afraid your wealth– material or abstract will dwindle.
Giving away money
According to your real-life circumstances and the dream context, the scenario may bring positive or negative messages.
- If you were reluctant to give money away in the plot, you are fearful of losing your wealth.
- On the other hand, if you were happy giving away money, it means you feel prosperous in your waking life. Such dreams also stand for support.
- If dreams of giving money away appear in your subconscious state too often, it may be a sign that you feel drained of giving others too much of your time and energy.
Not having enough money
As the plot implies dissatisfaction and unhappiness, you must evaluate some aspects of your life.
Besides, you may stand for lacking something in real life – money, power, strength, confidence, etc.
The dream conveys a message of wish fulfillment. But if you were spending money on something you dislike or do not need, it is an indication that you are wasting time on a person, thing, or an event that isn’t worth your time and energy.
Alternatively, it is also an indication that you are exploring opportunities and accomplishing goals.
Besides, if you are spending a lot of money, it could be a reflection of your reckless spending in real life.
Saving money in a dream could have positive or negative interpretations depending on the context. Positively, it may mean the dreamer has an abundance of fortune or feels rich with the love and support he/she is receiving.
However, the dream has a negative sign if you hoard money without spending even on the essentials.
In that case, the dream scenario encourages you to be more open. Share your wisdom and knowledge with those around you
Saving money in a dream also means you are always on the receiving end.
It foretells the expansion of your family tree. Perhaps someone will get married, or a baby is on the way.
You are going to spend a fortune in the upcoming days. Perhaps you will buy an asset like real estate or an apartment.
Interestingly, this dream is not as bad as it sounds! Often, it symbolizes your boldness and power to do something despite the disapproval from others. And that means breaking the norms or using someone to your advantage.
In some cases, the dream may symbolize taking back something that is yours. Besides, it may also mean you have gotten into a circle that makes you constantly anxious and tense.
Finally, stealing money could also mean the dreamer has lost all hopes of acquiring goals and dreams through conventional means. Ultimately, he/she is seeking an unusual way to have what he or she wants in life.
This dream plot stands for evaluating your power and worth. Also, it relates to unexpected wealth and bonuses.
Besides, if you count money and realize that you have less than you thought you did, it symbolizes uncertainty and jealousy. It also represents your present financial difficulties.
Moreover, such dreams could also mean others have overlooked your skills and potential. So, such plots often imply you are analyzing whether you receive what you deserve.
Having no money
As money in dreams is closely associated with self-worth, confidence, and esteem, having no money in a dream could mean you are running low on self-confidence.
Perhaps you feel pathetic when you compare yourself to your successful friends.
It may also stand for your powerlessness over a situation.
Lots of money
It means you yearn for knowledge and success in reality.
Searching for money
Your goals and missions would never come into being. Also, it implies that you will get bogged down by hurdles along the way. And ultimately, you will find yourself giving up.
Burning paper money
The dream stands for huge losses.
Seeing others exchanging money
Do you feel ignored and left out by your near ones? Perhaps you aren’t getting enough love and attention, and you crave for them.
On the other hand, it may also mean you observe others do things they are skilled at to learn and apply the same yourself in your own life.
Finding a wallet full of money
According to this dream, situations will work out in your favor because it stands for good luck and opportunities.
In terms of the domestic sphere, you will experience some of the most harmonious days with your near ones.
Money Dream Meaning: Different Types
- Paper money – It means you will hear some news soon, which could be good or bad.
- Counterfeit money – The dream plot warns you to be on your guard. Not everyone wishes you well just because they talk sweet to you. All that glitters is not gold- that is what the dream is trying to tell you.
- Money torn into pieces – Torn money is an ill omen. So, be cautious as you and your family might get robbed shortly & you will be reduced to bankruptcy. It also symbolizes disappointment in yourself and your failure to fulfill the wishes, and live by the expectations of your family and friends. You could also dream of the scenario if you are disappointed in other people.
Biblical Meaning of Money in Dreams
The Holy Bible portrays money as amoral, incapable of neither goodness nor evil on its own.
However, it is portrayed as a tool, which can turn a person into a generous or a greedy fellow.
Why Did You See Money in a Dream?
As stated earlier, money dreams are rare. It’s not a theme that surfaces easily on anyone’s dream vision. Then, why did you see this rare spectacle? Here are a few possible reasons why you dreamt of money.
- You lost your partner or a close one recently. It might be a breakup or even death.
- You are uncertain of the path you have chosen or where your life is heading.
- You feel powerless or less skillful than you were once. Such interpretations may be applicable if you dream of counting money.
- Money in a dream could mean you have found or achieved what you have been pursuing for a long time.
On the other hand, it may stand for the opposite. Perhaps you need to run an investigation on a matter.
Money Dream Meaning : A Point To Note
You must be particular about the quantity or the amount of money in the dreamscape. Not because it specifies the value of material inheritance you would soon receive.
The amount and the number of coins/bills have little to do with material or financial value and more to do with the abstract.
They usually stand for your abilities, potential, and power to achieve your missions and goals.
If you brush off a dream just by analyzing the surface meaning, it will remain a mere vision, and the same plot may haunt your sleep again.
Instead, look into the spectacle, the context, the people present in the plot, and the emotions involved, for the most accurate interpretation. Dig deeper and you will find the key to your solution.
If you get dreams about horseshoe then check its meaning here.
If you get dreams about pickpocket then check its meaning here.