Orchids are associated with all things positive and beautiful. So, it’s no surprise that the orchid dream meaning is often considered to be a good omen for pleasant happenings.
However, you are wrong if you think the flower carries no negative message when it shows up in your dream. They do! And sometimes, it can be the last thing you want to hear!
Orchid Dream Meaning : A General Dream Interpretation
Orchid dream meaning stands for beauty, romance, sensuality, purity, and perfection. Not to forget luck, success, and riches. Negatively, the flower can show up warning you to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for a failing relationship.
In most cases, the dream has a positive connotation but there’s more –
- Its appearance in a dream is a sign of luck and success, both in your personal as well as professional matters.
- The beautiful flower is regarded to be a symbol of beauty, spiritual purity, virginity, femininity, grace, harmony, romance, sensuality, and perfection.
- On the other hand, the higher self might have used the flower to advise you to curb your expensive lifestyle and spending habits.
- An orchid in dreams is also a symbol of fertility.
- Besides this, a dream about the flower may happen prior to childbirth or even conception.
What Does The Spiritual Realm Say About Orchid Dreams?
Usually, the flower signifies spiritual awareness, growth, and enlightenment.
Psychological Meaning Of Orchid
Psychologically, orchid shows harmony in relationships and success in the professional realms.
Various Scenarios of Orchid Dreams Explained
Not every orchid carries the same message. With a plethora of colors and conditions of the flower, your dream featuring an orchid may have an entirely different interpretation.
Dreaming about seeing an orchid flower
Seeing an orchid flower is a harbinger of a piece of pleasant news that will soon sweep you off your feet.
Dreaming about a white orchid
It relates with the dreamer’s spirituality, however, it also symbolizes the strong mutual love between the dreamer and another person.
Also, a white orchid is believed to represent a person you’ll soon encounter. Someone different from the others you’ve met so far.
Lastly, they are also associated with harmony in relationships, according to the dream books of Miller.
Seeing a bouquet of orchids
It heralds a period of peace and tranquility.
Most likely, people with evil intentions toward you will make life difficult for you.
Smelling an orchid
Chances are, you are beginning to develop feelings for someone. On the other hand, it suggests you spend your money wisely and refrain from being too extravagant.
Sowing orchid seeds
It is closely related to a major shift. You will soon switch your attention from one priority to another.
It is an ominous sign foretelling your potential separation from your beloved.
Besides, if you are planting lots of orchids then it is associated with obstacles that will soon arise.
However, the dream adds you’ll not let them affect you and face each of them with utmost dignity.
The scenario warns you to be careful about what you speak, especially in large crowds. Otherwise, you might end up disgracing yourself.
It is usually associated with victory.
Giving an orchid to someone
It usually happens prior to showering a loved one with love, affection, or material gifts.
And the dream indicates your relationship with that person will be long-lasting, regardless of who that individual is.
Putting orchid flowers in a vase
The scenario marks the beginning of a passionate romantic affair.
Seeing orchids in a garden
One of your friends or relatives from a distant land will visit you one of these days.
The vision announces the arrival of an exciting phase of your life. You will realize some of your lifelong goals.
Needless to say, your achievement will leave you content and proud of how far you have come.
Different Types of Orchids
- A blooming orchid – It promises success and happiness in both your personal and professional lives.
- Wilted orchids – In the dream world, wilted orchids are a harbinger of trouble and misfortune.
- Dried orchid flower/ plant – It symbolizes trouble in your relationships or workplace.
- Seeing a yellow orchid – Keep a close watch on your loved ones. One of them might stab you in the back.
- An orange orchid – Orange orchid heralds a pleasant event.
- Seeing a lilac orchid – It denotes setbacks in your professional life.
- A black orchid – Chances are, you will have numerous opportunities to experience sexual thrills.
Sigmund Freud’s Interpretation Of An Orchid Dream
According to the theory of Sigmund Freud, the presence of an orchid in a dream promises sensual pleasure and contentment.
The orchid dream meaning carries a positive message, most of the time.
But as the ultimate dream interpretation is determined by your real-life circumstances. So, it’s wise to consider and break down each of the elements before jumping to a conclusion.
If you get dreams about pine cone then check its meaning here.
If you get dreams about rising water then check its meaning here.